Help and support for domestic abuse

Domestic abuse is a crime, and one that is often hidden away.  

If you or anybody you know is suffering from domestic abuse and are looking for help, there are many links on this page to agencies, authorities and voluntary sector organisations that are there to help.

Report it

Violence or abuse is a crime and should be reported to the police.

You can:

  • call 999 if a crime is happening now or you're in immediate danger
  • call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
  • fill in the online crime form (

Support organisations

Stop Domestic Abuse

They offer a confidential support service to women, children, young people and men experiencing domestic abuse.  

They provide services to people who have experienced or who are experiencing emotional, physical or sexual abuse in their relationships.  For all enquires, advice and referrals, please ring the free helpline on 03300 165 112. 

Full contact details are below:

03300 165112    

Woman's Aid

There is a freephone 24hr national domestic violence helpline which is run in partnership with Woman's Aid and Refuge which can be accessed by calling 0808 2000 247. 

Victim Support in Hampshire and Isle of Wight

For further information on domestic abuse support services in Hampshire

Another organisation that provides free help in seeking civil orders to protect victims of domestic abuse is the National Centre for Domestic Violence.

You can also contact:

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page