We can all play a part in spotting the signs of someone who may be a victim of modern slavery and human trafficking.
Signs to look out for:
- signs of physical or psychological abuse, like being anxious, lacking self esteem, physical bruises or untreated medical conditions
- appearing frightened, anxious, confused or withdrawn
- working long hours in an unsafe environment
- living in dirty, overcrowded or cramped accommodation
- living and working at the same address
- not able to move around freely, appearing to be under someone else's control and rarely allowed to travel alone
- has no control over their identification documents, like their passport
- is fearful of authorities as they don't know who to trust.
For further information please visit The Medaille Trust website and the Stop the Traffik website.