How to report concerns

Concerns where someone is promoting terrorism or otherwise may be involved in violent or non-violent extremism, or about someone who may be vulnerable to being drawn into such activity, must be reported directly to the New Forest District Council's designated safeguarding officer, or the deputy, who will implement the county referral procedure.


Phone: 023 8028 5438

If the concern is about an individual, refer to the numbers below or in an emergency call the police on 999.

Local safeguarding contacts for Hampshire

For issues concerning children

Hampshire: 0300 5551384

Isle of Wight: 01983 814545

Portsmouth: 0845 6710271

Southampton: 02380 833336

For issues concerning adults

Hampshire: 0300 5551386

Isle of Wight: 01983 814980

Portsmouth: 02392 688613

Southampton: 02380 833003

Further information

Anti-terrorism hotline: 0800 789321

Crimestoppers: 0800 555111

Prevent Board:

Home Office:

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page